Saturday, August 20, 2022

Garage Band Music Lives On



Ten years ago, I posted about my summer garage/office setup. The goal was to make a little music here at TWS The Wright Stuff. We've had a few hits in that decade - Dancing at Wrigley Field, The Cycle For Life Long Road, World Hockey Championship Marathon and my favorite The Apple WTA Blues. It's never dull

This year I installed a small heater and extended the "outdoor" season from April/September to March through Halloween. Since we have expanded from sports consulting to include writing novels (okay, one novel) and not-for-profit business development, we need more fresh air!


During July and August, we actually move into the garden, rain permitting and add the sounds of the birds to our creative process. Formal Fridays have also been made optional over the summer, but hey, I like getting dressed up several times a year. I've surprised more than a few clients and prospects by joining Zoom calls in my Sunday best (do they still say that?). All a part of brand differentiation.
πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ˜ŽπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ…πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

One other thing I really like to do is redesign my office space at least once each year. It's actually a tradition I began in 1986 while at IMG. I found that I am more creative when I have different surroundings, varying light and a changed perspective. I get bored if I don't change things up frequently.


For me, the most important thing is looking forward to sitting at my desk each morning. Whether I am writing a marketing strategy, posting on FaceBook, adding a chapter to the novel I am writing or researching potential new clients - I have to feel excited to get after it. I never want my garage band music to get stale. I take inspiration from U2 - now touring forty plus years, and The Who, now into year fifty-three. Better yet, how about Jagger and the Stones - touring for their sixtieth year in 2022.


Start me up baby.






1 comment:

  1. I like your mantra of changing up the office. Change is good. One of my mantras.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for helping write tThe Wright Stuff.