Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Golden Life



Our golden retriever, Miss Molly, has been the cover girl for my blog by default.

I remember the day I set up this page to post some of my thoughts, for all the world to see, for good, bad or indifferent, as an aspiring writer, I thought - Why not get some stuff out there?

When the time came to choose a photo for the cover page, I chose a recent one of Miss M.  No focus groups, no long selection process, no reason other than… she's, well, Molly.

And Molly has been as constant as the Northern Star these past fourteen years.

Happy to be home? So Is Molly.

Working late in the office? Molly asleep under my desk.

Want to go for a walk? Molly too.

Answering the door late at night? You guessed it, Molly right there.

Driving from New York to British Columbia. Molly gets the whole backseat.

Feeling down? Molly with her head on your knee.

Lost a big deal? Molly with a shoe… C'mon boss, let's go out.

Simple fact is that Molly is always there

So what other image should grace my blog, but our golden girl?

When you open the dictionary to the word, 'loyalty', there is a photo of Molly… want to try, 'kind-hearted'... there she is... 'courageous', yup…

I'm writing a memoir to publish after Molly leaves us behind on this planet. It will be titled. 'A Golden Life'… and folks will think it is about Molly's life, her exploits, highlights, tough times, humorous moments. And to be sure, it will be all about Molly.

But the life she touched with gold -

Will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for helping write tThe Wright Stuff.